These Spa Quality Standards reflect what we believe a guest should expect from a spa in order to have an experience that is delicious and memorable. When a guest leaves a spa, she should feel like a queen! So TheSpaReview helps spa guests to become informed and demanding and satisfied consumers.
Information for potential customers
- Both print and online information are available.
- Information is complete, accurate and current.
- Inquiries are answered promptly and courteously.
- Requests are answered promptly.
- Efforts are made to be flexible. Choices are available.
- Guests are invited to come early and enjoy the facilities.
- First impressions are warm, relaxing, enticing.
- First contact is welcoming, calm and quiet.
- Appropriate and necessary medical questions are asked to protect guests.
- Waiver of liability forms, protecting the spa, are kept short and clear.
- Staff are trained and certified where possible.
- All staff are quiet at all times.
- All staff are eager to assist and focused on customer satisfaction.
- Guests are asked about gender preferences re: who will provide treatments.
- Design and decorating theme are appropriate and consistent to the location.
- Ambience is warm and restful.
- Sound includes ambient music and no noise, preferably running water.
- Fresh water, tea and light snacks are available.
- There is a room for quiet relaxation, with recliners and blankets.
- A quiet eating space, with tables, is available for spa lunches.
- Men and women have separate facilities, with some shared facilities for couples.
- Personal, secure locker, robe and slippers are provided.
- Showers and steam room or sauna are available and well-serviced.
- All necessary grooming amenities are set out for customer use.
- There are private changing areas for those who wish to use them.
- Showers and toilets are ultra clean and well-maintained.
- Light spa lunches are available upon request.
- Spa products can be purchased.
- Basic treatments can be expected: facials, nail care, massage, skin treatments.
- Treatments and services are expertly conducted.
- Signature treatments reflect the local of the spa.
- There are private individual and/or couples rooms.
- All treatment rooms are well-insulated, warm and extremely quiet.
- Soothing lights, sounds and smells welcome the spa guest.
- Each room is pristine.
Policies and enforcement
- Schedules and timelines are met.
- Quiet is strictly enforced for staff and guests.
- Children are not allowed.
- Parties are booked at times when other guests are not present or in separate facilities.
- The Spa is run in a professional manner.
Here is the TSR checklist we use.